February 18, 2013

First Full Day

It's pretty amazing how our first full day (yesterday) with Malia was a Sunday, the Lord's day, a day of great celebration, resting and feasting! There were many "first's" throughout the whole day, but my favorite was her first hiccups! It happened when I held her for a moment while she was restless and crying. The hiccups came and definitely startled my little lady, but were the most precious hiccups I've ever heard :-) The rest of Malia's day consisted of lots of mother-daughter bonding time, testings, feeding, time being held by Grandma Ampi, napping, being swaddled, filling her diaper, filling her diaper again, and filling her diaper again. She is passing all her tests (praise God), so we are on time to be discharged late this morning. We are so stoked to bring her home to my parents house, to love her more and spend each waking moment with her. One last highlight that filled Malia's day with God's grace was when Danni and I were granted the grace to receive our Lord from a visiting Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

And now for some pictures...

First pacifier!





She's waving at you :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment